Flying Samaritans at UCLA
So you've decided to join. Great choice! But now what?
FOR NEW MEMBERS:
The 2017-2018 Academic year New Member Form is now open. Follow the following steps to become a member:
1. Fill out the New Member Form to get on our mailing list (Due by October 22, 2017, 11:59PM)
2. Pay an annual membership fee of $20 using Venmo (@MeganFitzPatrick is our Treasurer), PayPal or cash during the Week 3 General Meeting (Due at the latest October 22, 2017, 11:59PM)
3. Complete HIPAA training (select the FIRST link, "....Workforce Training") and submit the certificate to our me (firstname.lastname@example.org) for verification (Due by October 22, 2017,11:59PM)
4. Take a brief Online Crash Course Training and Quiz (Due before your oral exam date)
5. Take an In-Person Oral Examination after completing your crash course training.
2 dates offered: October 11, 2017, 7-8 PM and October 25, 2017 7-8 PM at Royce 362
**Please sign up for your 15-minute timeslot via the Google sheets Link sent to your email. If you were not on our email list at that time, please email our Health Ed committee (email@example.com) or message us on Facebook to obtain the link**
6. Submit proof of vaccinations and current TB test to our secretary (Due by November 5, 2017, Week 5 Sunday, 11:59PM)
If you have taken vaccinations at the Ashe Center: Log onto the Patient Portal on the Ashe Center's website. Once you log in as a student with your UCLA ID, enter your date of birth and click "proceed." You should then see a link that says "View my Ashe immunization record." Click that link to access an organized page of your immunization records. Take a screenshot of your "Immunization" page, and submit it to us using this google form. If you are having troubles with the form, please e-mail me (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you do not want to use the Ashe Center website as proof of your immunizations or the Ashe Center website has not yet been updated with your immunization records, you may use another form of proof, such as the yellow immunization record card or some other type of proof. Once you decide what form of proof you want to use, SCAN a copy of your immunization records and submit it to us using this google form.
**Note: Our vaccine requirements include 1) Hepatitis B, 2) Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) , 3) Tdap (or Tdap Declination), 4) Seasonal Flu Shot (optional; if you decline you must wear a mask) and 5) annual TB test or negative chest X-Ray. The TB test or negative chest X-ray are valid through ONE YEAR of the result date! *Please note that if you want to take the swab test for TB test, it is a two-week process so do plan in advance!
Additionally, you can access the PowerPoint that was presented to you during Info Sessions here.
Again, if you have any questions about immunizations or other steps to becoming a member, please email the secretary (email@example.com). If you have any general questions regarding our organization, please e-mail our co-presidents, Allison and Sarah (firstname.lastname@example.org).