Flying Samaritans at UCLA
So you've decided to join. Great choice! But now what?
1. Fill out the New Member Form and Waiver to get on our mailing list. If you complete this step soon, you'll start getting our weekly newsletters sent every Sunday (Due by Friday, May 4, 2018, 11:59PM)
2. Pay an annual membership fee of $20 using Venmo (@bruinsams is our official account), PayPal (the PayPal link will lead you to a box that says Donate; list your name and purpose), or cash during the Week 5 General Meeting (Cash due at the latest on Wednesday, May 2, 2018, during General Meeting 6:00-7:00 PM and PayPal or Venmo due at the latest on Friday, May 4, 2018, at 11:59 PM).
3. Complete HIPAA training (select the FIRST link, "Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy and Security Workforce Training,” and complete training)) and submit the certificate to Secretary (email@example.com) for verification (Due by Friday, May 4, 2018, 11:59PM)
4. Take a brief Online Crash Course Training and Quiz (Due before your oral exam date)
5. Take an In-Person Oral Examination after completing your crash course training. Use the link to SIGN UP for a 10-15 minute slot. Please show up for your time slot and delete your name if you decide to cancel.
2 dates offered: April 25, 2018 (Week 4 Wednesday) 7:00-8:00 PM and May 9, 2018 (Week 6 Wednesday) 7:00-8:00 PM
6. Submit proof of vaccinations and current TB test to our secretary (Due by Friday, May 18, 2018, 11:59PM)
If you have taken vaccinations at the Ashe Center: Log onto the Patient Portal on the Ashe Center's website. Once you log in as a student with your UCLA ID, enter your date of birth and click "proceed." You should then see a link that says "View my Ashe immunization record." Click that link to access an organized page of your immunization records. Take a screenshot of your "Immunization" page, and submit it to us using this google form. If you are having troubles with the form, please e-mail the secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you do not want to use the Ashe Center website as proof of your immunizations or the Ashe Center website has not yet been updated with your records, you may use another form of proof, such as the yellow immunization record card or some other type of proof. Once you decide what form of proof you want to use, SCAN a copy of your immunization records and submit it to us using this google form.
Please use this template to check that the records you are planning on sending to us meet our requirements.
Note: Our vaccine requirements include 1) Hepatitis B, 2) Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) , 3) Tdap (or Tdap Declination), 4) Varicella, 5) TB test or negative chest X-Ray and 6) Seasonal Flu Shot (optional; if you decline you must wear a mask). The TB test or negative chest X-ray are valid through ONE YEAR of the result date! *Please note that if you want to take the swab test for TB test, it is a two-week process so do plan in advance!
If you have questions about immunizations or other steps to becoming a member, please email Daron (email@example.com). If you have any general questions regarding our organization, please e-mail our 2018-2019 co-presidents, Ava and Cynthia (firstname.lastname@example.org).