Flying Samaritans at UCLA
Spring 2019 Recruitment has started! As we mentioned at our information sessions, we accept everyone into the organization (no interviews or competitive process) as long as you complete the following steps by their respective deadlines:
1. Fill out the New Member Form and Waiver to get on our mailing list (Due by Wednesday April 17, 2019, 11:59PM).
2. Pay an annual membership fee of $25 using Venmo (@bruinsams is our official Venmo account), PayPal (the PayPal link will lead you to a box that says Donate; you can use that as a platform to pay the membership fee), or cash (Cash due at the latest on Wednesday, April 17, 2019, during General Meeting 6:00-7:00 PM and PayPal or Venmo due at the latest on Wednesday April 17, 2019, at 11:59 PM).
3. Complete HIPAA Training (select the FIRST link, "Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy and Security Workforce Training,” and complete training)) and submit the certificate to the Secretary (email@example.com) for verification. You may NOT submit HIPAA verifications from 2018 or earlier (Due by Wednesday April 24, 2019, 11:59PM).
4. Take a brief Online Crash Course Training and Quiz (Due at midnight the day before your oral exam date).
5. Take an In-Person Oral Examination after completing your crash course training
2 dates offered: Wednesday Week 4 (April 24, 2019) from 7:00-8:00 PM in Moore 100, Tuesday Week 5 (April 30, 2019) from 6:00-7:00 PM in 5128 (or nearby room)
6. Submit proof of vaccinations and current TB test to our secretary (Due by Wednesday April 24, 2019, 11:59PM).
If you have taken vaccinations at the Ashe Center: Log onto the Patient Portal on the Ashe Center's website. Once you log in as a student with your UCLA ID, enter your date of birth and click "proceed." You should then see a link that says "View my Ashe immunization record." Click that link to access an organized page of your immunization records. Take a screenshot of your "Immunization" page, and submit it to us using this google form. If you are having troubles with the form, you may send your screenshot directly to our secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you do not want to use the Ashe Center website as proof of your immunizations or the Ashe Center website has not yet been updated with your records, you may use another form of proof, such as the yellow immunization record card or some other type of proof. Once you decide what form of proof you want to use, SCAN a copy of your immunization records and submit it to us using this google form. Again, if you are having troubles with the form, you may send your screenshot directly to our secretary.
Please use this template to check that the records you are planning on sending to us meet our requirements.
Note: Our vaccine requirements include 1) Hepatitis B, 2) Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR), 3) Tdap (or Tdap Declination), 4) Varicella, 5) TB test or negative chest X-Ray and 6) Seasonal Flu Shot (optional; if you decline you must wear a mask). The TB test or negative chest X-ray are valid through ONE YEAR of the result date! *Please note that if you want to take the swab test for TB test, it is a two-week process so do plan in advance!
Additionally, you can access the PowerPoint that was presented to you during Info Sessions here.
After you complete these steps, as an active member you are required to attend AT LEAST 1 general meeting AND 1 social or 1 fundraiser a quarter. Committee meetings are optional but are a great way to earn more points and get involved!
If you have questions about immunizations or other steps to becoming a member, please email our secretary (email@example.com). If you have any general questions regarding our organization, please e-mail our co-presidents, Aya and Cynthia (firstname.lastname@example.org).